- Crumbs, spills, and food that has been left out are a great way to end up with a roach infestation quickly.
- The key to keeping roaches out is to keep your home, but most importantly your kitchen, as spotless as possible.
- After cooking or preparing a snack, wipe up crumbs and spills immediately.
- Most Common is unpleasant smell which establish cockroach infestation.
- Cockroach feces will be visible during an infestation.
- Small roaches produce feces that resemble coffee grounds or black pepper, while larger roaches expel cylindrical droppings in black/brown color they are easily visible in water drop.
Keep food surfaces clear from debris, crumbs and spills. Ensuring any food debris and spillages are cleared swiftly, this will reduce the likelihood of cockroaches entering in search of food.
Remove pet food, litter trays and water bowls before nightfall.
Some Home Remedies:-
HOT WATER & VINEGAR - Just take some hot water, mix 1 portion of white vinegar and stir well, wipe slabs and clean around the cook tops with this solution and pour this solution in the kitchen drains in the night, this will disinfect the pipes and drains and would keep cockroaches from climbing up into the kitchen.
HOT WATER LEMON & BAKING SODA - Mix 1 lemon, 2 tablespoon baking soda in 1litre hot water, stir it well and pour in the drain outlets or wash the area below the sink or slabs with this solution to stop the breeding of cockroaches in the kitchen.
BORIC ACID & SUGAR - Mix some boric acid and sugar, then spread it across the places where you find cockroaches breeding. While the sugar lures the bugs, boric acid kills them immediately.
ESSENTIAL OILS - Essential oils like peppermint oils and lavender oil can help in keeping bugs at bay. Just spray some essential oils around the kitchen and cabinets, and allow the aroma to spread its magic.
CUCUMBERS - Keeping a few slices around the places where you find cockroaches can keep them away from your kitchen as cockroaches find the essence and aroma of cucumbers disgusting!
CINNAMON - This spice can keep creepy cockroaches at bay, the strong essence of cinnamon can keep these bugs from climbing up the kitchen slabs and cabinets. Just sprinkle some freshly ground cinnamon powder around the kitchen and keep these roaches from breeding.
It is advisable to contact professional pest however, for first instance solutions there are various repellents, baits and traps available.